Thanks for your interest in participating in Designing Chicago: New Tools for Public Transit! We're excited to work with you to change the way people navigate our city. Before you get started as an Urban Agent, we want to make sure you know what we expect from our participants.
All of the content you submit must be your own, and it must be respectful and appropriate for a general audience.
We'll be screening each submission before it is posted and may choose to exclude or edit any content. If you have concerns about any of the content on our site, please let us know.
By submitting content, you agree to allow us use of your content for this and future projects. Please read the following User Submission Terms for more information.
User Submission Terms
By submitting any “Content” to us (including, but not limited to, photographs, artwork, graphic design elements, sketches, text, information, research and app ideas), by e-mail or other method of communication, you hereby agree to the following Terms. Please read these terms carefully before submitting any Content to us.
1. You grant to Greater Good Studio LLC (“GGS”), its agents, licensees and designees, a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, fully sub-licenseable and assignable right to use, reproduce, copy, publish, publicly display, publicly perform, distribute, translate, create derivative works, adapt and modify the Content in any media and through any distribution channels now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including commercial purposes. By way of example (and without limiting the generality of the previous sentence), we may publish the Content on our website, use the Content internally for research purposes, and include the Content in a mobile app that we develop with our partners. You also waive any so-called “moral rights” or similar rights of attribution and integrity associated with the Content. Nothing herein obligates GGS to utilize or publish your Content.
2. You represent and warrant that you have the right and authority to convey the rights granted herein; that the Content is not subject to any third-party agreements or arrangements that would interfere with its use; that the Content is not libelous, slanderous, obscene, and does not plagiarize; and that the exercise of rights granted herein will not infringe upon any copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent, right of privacy/publicity or any other rights whatsoever of any third party. You agree to hold GGS harmless and shall indemnify GGS, including its related entities, directors, employees, licensees and assignees, for all costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) in the event of a breach of any of the foregoing warranties or representations.
3. You acknowledge and agree that good and valuable consideration has been given for the rights granted in these Terms.
4. No agency, partnership, joint venture or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by these Terms. No delay or failure to take action under these Terms shall constitute any waiver by GGS of any provision of these Terms. If any part of these Terms shall be held unenforceable, the validity of the remaining portions or provisions shall not be affected thereby.
5. The laws of Illinois, excluding Illinois’ conflict of laws rules, will apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms. All claims arising out of or relating to these Terms will be litigated exclusively in the federal or state courts of Chicago, Illinois, and you and GGS consent to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
6. These Terms contains the entire understanding of you and GGS with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements or understandings. These Terms shall not be modified unless agreed to by both parties in writing.